You can attach any files related to your project to a task — documents, images, videos, links, materials etc.
If you are used to storing files in cloud storage such as Google Drive or Dropbox, you can attach links to them to a task. This way you will have all your documents in one place, and you can quickly find all the task details.
There are no limits on the number of attachments, only on individual file size. It varies from 5Mb to 100Mb depending on your subscription type.
You can attach almost any kind of file* to the task, as long as it does not exceed the size specified in your subscription type (up to 5Mb for accounts without a subscription). There is no limit on the number of files. To attach a file to a task:
- Open the Projects panel and select a project
- Find the task and click on it. The task card will open
- Scroll to the 'Attachments' section
- Click 'Add file or link' and then Choose file'
- Pick the file in the file explorer and wait for it to upload
* — prohibited file extensions: .bat, .com, .exe, .htm, .html, .reg as well as a number of system files and scripts
All attached files are displayed in a single list in the task card. By default the list is sorted by file name. If it is a media file — an image, a photo or a video — a small preview will be displayed next to it. Otherwise, an icon with the file extension will be displayed next to the file name.
Downloading and viewing task's attachments is available to all project participants.
If you upload an attachment with the same name as an existing one, it will be overwritten.