SAU provides different types of notifications to keep you informed of your tasks and projects at all times. But any notifications can be turned off or set up to receive only what you need.
SAU aims to help you maintain a balance of productivity and peace of mind.
SAU sends three types of notifications:
- Email. On different days of the week, SAU sends you a newsletter with a themed selection of your tasks, like tasks completed today or a progress report for the week
- In-app or web notifications. You can press the bell icon in the navigation panel on the left to see a full list of SAU notifications
- Push notifications. If you have the SAU app installed, you can receive instant notifications of new tasks or deadlines and other information right on your device
SAU sends you a digest of your most important tasks to the email address provided during registration. If you want to change the email address to receive notifications, please contact support
Some emails are sent daily (if there are applicable tasks) and some are sent once a week (e.g. Weekly dashboard). The emails contain lists of tasks for specific topics.
- My tasks for today
(Every morning) List of tasks that were assigned to you and are due today
- Done tasks today
(Every evening) List of tasks you have completed today
- My overdue tasks
(Tuesdays) Tasks that were assigned to you that are overdue
- My new tasks
(Every 2 hours) Tasks that were created or assigned to you in the last 2 hours
- Tasks by me: overdue
(Thursdays) A list of overdue tasks that you have created but aren't assigned to you
- Weekly dashboard
(Fridays) An analysis of the past week: how many tasks were scheduled, how many were completed, how many are overdue. Forecast of tasks for the upcoming week
By default, the users are subscribed to all email categories. To edit your settings for receiving emails:
- Open the projects panel in the app and click on your profile picture
- Go to Settings
- The "E-mail" section with your newsletter subscription settings will appear at the bottom of the screen
- Turn the email categories on or off as you wish
The most important actions you can perform with your tasks in SAU are available on a separate page on the SAU.app
web portal and on a separate screen
in the app. Notifications about these actions can be sent to your phone or through your browser. Almost all such messages are sent as soon as the action occurs (e.g. creation of a task). Only one type of notification is sent daily at 10am — the number of tasks for today.
If an action (e.g. changing the task's due date) is done by you, you won't get a message about it since you already know about it. We don't want to spam you 😉
- My tasks for today
Number of tasks which are due today and are assigned to you.
- New task
Name of the task that was added to your project.
- You are added to a new project
Name of the project to which you have been added.
- You are assigned to a task
Name of the task to which you have been assigned.
- Task due date has been rescheduled
The name of the task, its old and new due date. You will be notified if you are the performer or author of this task.
- Task completion
The name of a completed task. You will be notified if you were assigned to this task or are the author of this task.
- Withdrawal from task
The name of the task you were assigned to before, but now someone else has been assigned to it instead.
The list of notifications on the SAU.app
web portal and in the app can be viewed using the
button in the vertical grey bar on the left (the bar can be displayed by pressing the
button). This will display all unread notifications as well as read notifications from the past week. Clicking on the notification will open the task or project screen, and the notification itself will be marked as read.
By default, you are subscribed to all notifications from SAU if you agree to it when the app was first launched. Notifications are also duplicated to your Apple Watch. To change the push notification settings:
- Open the Projects panel and click on your profile picture
- Go to Settings
- Allow notifications if they are turned off (your device may prompt you to open the Settings app)
- Enable the categories of notifications you want to receive in the "Notifications" section